It is generally accepted that word of mouth and peer recommendation are the most effective forms of advertising. Their effectiveness is further amplified when the people talking about a product/service are the ones who have established their authority and credibility around a certain topic.
People that have the power to affect the actions and behavior of others are consider as “influencers“. Their influence comes from the trust and goodwill that they have generated among the members of their network. They can significantly increase the others social media sharing.
Influencers are often bloggers with hundreds or thousands of followers on their social media channels. They can be marketeers analysts, journalists, academics, enthusiasts and even ordinary people. Their particular passion and knowledge in a particular area of interest have established them as central figures in their online communities.
According to Technorati’s 2013 Digital Influence Report, bloggers are the third most powerful online influence on purchase decisions. Considering that blogs are the fifth most frequently used online service, the level of bloggers influence doesn’t come as a surprise.
In this Blog Post we will talk about Buzzsumo and how to take advantage of it to increase your social medial sharing and boost your online presence.
What is Buzzsumo?
Buzzsumo is a helpful search tool that tracks content on all social media networking sites and ranks them based on the number of shares on:
- and Pinterest.
It tracks the number of social media sharing per user and give you tips on how to use these information on your favor.
If you want to learn in more detail what is Buzzsumo all about, you can take a look at this video from them. It is a bit long but it’s totally worth it!
Find key content & influencers via Buzzsumo
- Go to Buzzsumo.com
- Search for a topic on the search bar
3. A list of influencers will appear with the following information
- Page Authority
- Domain Authority
- Followers (on Twitter)
- Retweet Ratio
- Reply Ratio
- Average Retweets
4. Target influencers who retweet often.
- Mention these influencers in the content you create, then tag them on Twitter when you promote that content
5. Identify guest posting opportunities.
- Sort the list by Page and Domain Authority to build a list of potential outlets you can write guest articles for.
6. Quickly build a media list.
- You can filter results by an influencer’s role (bloggers, journalists, companies, etc.).
- Create a list of relevant journalists that your brand should be following and developing relationships with.
- Then, export the entire list to CSV or Excel format
7. Upload contacts to your CRM program to create a campaign
8. Measure your results
- Keyword : Brand Alert: Track keywords and brand mentions.
- Link Alert: Determine who is linking to your site.
- Author Alert: Get notified when a specific author publishes content.
- Domain Alert: Learn when posts from a specific domain become popular.
9. Content analysis report, you can use the following metrics
- Total Shares
- Average Shares
- Average Shares by Network
- Average Shares by Content Type
- Average Shares by Content Length
- Most Shared Domains
- Popular Topics
- Average Shares by Topic
- Top Pieces of Content
If you liked our tutorial please don’t forget to like it or leave us a comment, if you want to know more about social media sharing , you can check our blog post “Find any email with no stress“. Keep in touch!
Vasco Andrade e Silva is a technology-based entrepreneur. He co-founded his first software company while he was finishing the MSc in Software Engineering in 2008. In 2013 he created Easy Easy Apps in order to democratize the development of mobile applications – because he believes that everyone should be part of the mobile revolution.